Ready to Netflix and chill out with some holiday movies? By using secret codes on the company’s website, you can unlock a “secret” menu of movies that will fill you with holiday cheer.
Okay, they’re not secret movies. You can find any of the titles and genres by simply searching, but you can find very obscure and festive genres like “British Christmas Children & Family Films” and “Goofy Christmas Children & Family Films” through these codes.
Some of the categories don’t even have movies in them — looking at you, European Christmas Movies — but at least you can feel like you’re doing something special, right?
If nothing else, you can watch “Tree Man,” a documentary about Christmas tree dealers, or “The Koala Brothers: Outback Christmas.”
To access the “secret” menus, go to “http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/INSERTNUMBER” and insert the code you want at the end of the URL. Children and family Christmas films can be accessed with “1474017,” romantic Christmas films will be unlocked with “1394527” and family-friendly Christmas films can be found with “1394522.”
That’s just the beginning of the Christmas codes, though. They get way more specific.
- British Christmas Children & Family Films: 1527064
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 8 to 10: 1477204
- European Christmas Children & Family Films: 1527063
- Canadian Christmas Children & Family Films: 1721544
- Goofy Christmas Children & Family Films: 1475071
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 11 to 12: 1477206
- Feel-good Christmas Children & Family Films: 1475066
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 5 to 7: 1477201
- Christmas Children & Family Films from the 1990s: 1476024
You can find a full list of Netflix genre codes here. Happy binge-watching!
Jeremy Schneider may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @J_Schneider. Find NJ.com on Facebook.