The Assistant Accountant role at Tourwriter is a key member of our small finance team. This is a busy and varied position at 25 hours a week. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The Assistant Accountant will report to the Head of Finance and will also work with the team to accomplish interdepartmental financial goals. Thus, he/she will also need to be able to work as part of a diverse global team, understand and respect different cultures and personalities. The position will provide opportunities for learning and growth.
Tourwriter is a privately owned, Wellington based, New Zealand tech company. Our Tour Operator Software is designed for the specific needs and business pains of Inbound Tour Operators and Destination Management Companies. The problems we solve for our customers can be grouped into 3 segments: Speed (Tourwriter helps to deliver quotes and itineraries fast), Accuracy (Tourwriter eliminates the potential for pricing mistakes and typos) and Business Management (Tourwriter streamlines travel business data to enable informed business decisions).
At Tourwriter, we believe specialist travel experts create the most meaningful travel experiences. Our vision sees a world where all travellers embark on unique and enriching travel journeys crafted by trusted Inbound Tour Operators and Destination Management Companies. Our mission is to build the most loved and intuitive software, delighting and inspiring specialist travel experts to create truly memorable travel experiences.
The Assistant Accountant will provide support in the day-to-day accounting duties. The primary work focus is on accounts payable, accounts receivable, GL reconciliations and assisting with month-end and end of year processes as well as general administration duties if required. In addition, the Assistant Accountant will assist in payroll processing and will also be expected to act as the primary back-up in the Head of Finance absence.
- Proven experience in financial administration, or similar Accounting role
- Creditor/Debtor Management
- Preparation of accounts reconciliations and end of month process
- Liaison with government agencies on grant applications and claim grant submissions as well as support on ad hoc projects
- Payroll processing along with familiarity or experience of NZ tax law, specifically PAYE, WHT, RWT, FBT, GST, KiwiSaver and Income and R&D tax credit
- Excellent knowledge of accounting practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Effective communication skills – written and oral
- Tech-savvy, have great time management and organisational skills
- Experience with Xero, SmartPayroll and Orchestra would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel and Google suite skills (Gmail, Docs, Sheet, etc.)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years or similar experience working at the same level or above in New Zealand
- Good understanding of bookkeeping and accounting practices
- Experience with accounting/payroll software Xero and SmartPayroll
- A strong customer service focus matched by a ‘hands on, can-do attitude’
- Initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication skills and ability to build effective relationships
Applications via seek.co.nz
The post Assistant Accountant appeared first on Tour Operator Software.